Thursday, January 6, 2011

Trying a Different "Recipe"

So in my grocery store journey today I found this little spice pack which looked interesting. 
 McCormick Recipe Inspirations Rosemary Roasted Chicken with potatoes (I left out the potatoes).

 A spice pack with all of the pre-measured ingredients!  This may be old news to some of you, but I found it interesting and worth a shot!
 The back peeled off to give me a recipe card for me to try this again, and revealed all these little packets to be opened individually.  Now THIS is my kind of cooking!
 Don't they all look pretty in the bottom of the bowl?  Now the ONLY things I had to add is EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) and salt.  We only cook with EVOO and everyone (I hope) has salt on hand, so I was ready to go.
 From here, all I had to do was add my chicken to this mixture and make sure the chicken was coated.
 That I could do!
 30 minutes later....
There we go!  The hubby and son ate it up and seemed to LOVE it.  I paired with it green peas and corn on the cob.  Both my boys cleaned their plates.  I WILL be trying this again, but using my own spices and measuring them myself.  There were a couple other of these packs on the shelf and I might have to try them as well.  I'm always looking for simple and easy things to cook for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment