Saturday, January 8, 2011

How was MY day you ask?

Good HEAVENS this has been a LONG day!

What made it so long?  Here is our day in a nutshell:

7:00 - wake up (yes, on a Saturday....)
8:00 - First Upwards Basketball game.  What is Upwards Basketball you ask?  Well click HERE to find out!  Great time had by all, except for the burned biscuit coming from the kitchen that smoked up the entire gym.  Seriously it was a black, charred rock.  How does that even happen?
9:00 - Finally have breakfast at our favorite place in the world to eat (well MY favorite place) with friends...P.S. the spicy chicken biscuit with cheese on it is amazing
11:00ish - Head to Lowe's for paint, painting supplies and salt for our driveway.  No salt to be found, so we settled for play sand.  We'll see how THAT works when we get the massive amounts of snow/ice they are saying we will have (riiiiiight).
11:30ish - Head to grocery store because we are low on milk and just in case we DO get this snow storm of the century we don't want to be stuck without provisions.  Um....MAD HOUSE.  Almost all of the bread was already gone and they were already restocking milk and eggs.
Noon - We finally get home and start to tape off the playroom/dining room to paint.  My husband is a self proclaimed "professional taper" since he worked for a painting company while in college.  He uses the most tape I have EVER seen!  But okay, he is a lunatic knows what he is doing.  Grab some lunch at the house.
2:00 to 4:00 - Me and the little guy hit a play date.  I figure he has most of the painting done since we have been gone for 2 hours.  It was MY idea to paint so I had to get out of the house before he made me help spent the least amount of time at the play date so he wouldn't have to do it himself.
4:00 - Return home to only 1/4 of the painting finished.  WHAT?!?! What on earth was he doing for 2 hours? (I don't know why I ask...football was on.) 
I grab a paint brush and start to help.  Stupid football (I will NOT be saying this Monday night...War Eagle).
5:30 - The youngin' is screaming for dinner.  Well not "screaming" but his tired whiny voice is saying he is "so hungry I'm gonna just die."  Funny, first I have heard of this seeing how you ate your weight in grapes just 20 minutes earlier.  Warm up leftovers for the fellas and get back to painting.
7:00 - Finally pull the tape off the walls.  BEAUTIFUL!  Now big problem arises.  I do NOT want to put the massive amount of toys back in there!  So I just sit back, enjoy the last hour my fella is awake and try to ignore the sight that is my living room now dubbed Mount Toys.
9:30 - Little one is in bed and you THINK we would be relaxing on the couch after a long day of stuff going on.  Oh no...NOT US.  I have the cleaner in one hand, rag in the other on my knees cleaning baseboards in the living room.  He has sealer in his hands going behind me sealing all the cracks in our quarter rounding.
10:30 - We finally finish the hall and foyer with the cleaner and sealer and decide to start painting these two areas tomorrow after lunch with friends.
Now at 11:30 I am finishing up this blog post.  I really think I've gone crazy.  You would THINK I would be getting in the bed now since I'm exhausted, my nails have broken off from working on painting and baseboards, my fingers are split from washing them so much (again from painting and baseboards), my back KILLING me from bending down working on the house, but NOOOO, I need to clean the kitchen.

You know....FORGET IT!  I am going to bed.  The kitchen will still be there in the morning.  I'm going to bed to dream of sleeping in something like this.
 And yes, that is 100% chance of snow in our forecast on Monday.  This should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment