Thursday, January 20, 2011

Challenge #17 - The Mail Station

Challenge#17 is The Mail Station.  Our mail station is just the small counter in our kitchen and it always looks HORRIBLE since we just toss the mail on it.  So you know the drill now....before picture:
 I went through the 200 magazines (well not 200, but it seems like that many on a little counter).  We recycled the ones we were done reading and the few I haven't looked at yet, I have set aside to read in car rider line.  I shredded the things we didn't need to hang on to anymore and threw away the JUNK.  In that wicker basket alone I found 51 pens and pencils.  No lie.  I counted...and the sad thing is 3/4 of them did not work. Under the magazines I found 2 pair of earrings I have been looking for and my small pewter bowl!  I changed this area almost completely.
 I was tired of the mixer being beside my stove and every time I cooked I had to clean my mixer.  It now has a nice clean home.
The basket is my hubby's things he takes with him when he leaves for work like his wallet, cell phone, glasses, etc. Behind that is our zip bag of bills.  That is where the bills will go in when they come in the mail.  My husband will check it every day, pay the bills that need to be paid, and them put them in the file drawer he has upstairs until time for shredding.  WONDERFUL clean cabinet!

I can't believe this challenge is almost over!  4 more challenges to go (well, 5 for me since I have YET to get challenge #14 - under the bathroom sink finished) and I am almost...dare I say it...organized!!  I am waiting to see Toni's last 4 challenges and if the problem areas I have left are not on the list, I will list them and will have to hold myself accountable.  Yikes!

1 comment:

  1. OH MAN! What a difference! Way to go:)

    Jennie {Cinnaberry Suite}

    ReplyDelete