Sunday, January 16, 2011

Challenge #10 - The Laundry Room


Finally...Challenge #10 is complete.  My laundry room was not a room I wanted to come up in this challenge, but now that I am done, I am very glad it was!  So without any further delay...
 My horrible before pictures.


What a MESS!!
 First thing...get the shredding done!  I had a bag FULL of documents just sitting in the laundry room waiting to be shredded.  That took a good hour since we have a tiny shredder that only does 2 sheets at the time.  A cross shredder has now gone on the "NEED" list. 
 I then pulled out all of my grocery bags.  Hi, my name is Kelly and I have an addiction to reusable grocery bags.  This is one thing I just couldn't bring myself to part with, so I arranged and stuffed to where they fit in two bags.
 This was my cart between my washer and dryer.  There were parts on the bottom that we haven't had the main components to in a while...like my son's car seat straps.  He's been out of that for at least 2 years.  Needless to say over half of the things on this cart were disposed of.
 THERE is that other missing glove!
 So once I removed everything from the room, I scrubbed the floor, shelf and tops/fronts of my beautiful washer and dryer.  Have I mentioned I LOVE my washer and dryer?  GE front loaders are AWESOME.  So now a nice smelling and clean room.
I sorted through everything, cleaned baskets, used my trusty label maker and now....the big reveal!
 SO nice!
 Clean and organized!
And I even cleaned the trash can.  I really have enjoyed this 21 days of organization.  Thanks Paige for introducing me to it and thank you Toni for creating this challenge!!  I am now back up to speed on my challenges and I am awaiting tomorrow's challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment