Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Queen for a Reason....

But this time, I have a GOOD excuse for dilly-dallying!  We have been snowed in since Sunday night.  I hear you my northern friends...this is just silly over a little southern snow.  Well honey....I haven't seen anything like this in my lifetime.
For the 3rd day, school has been canceled.
We have had a blast in the snow.  Sledding with some FUNNY results (I was knocked over while videoing and my husband and little guy caught air and went flying off of the inner-tube).
That is a 9 inch snow drift at our front door.  Snow drift....in the south...just pure crazy.
The roads have now turned from snow, to slush, to ICE.  Dangerous, thick ice.  After having the little guy in for 3 days in a row and day 4 starting tomorrow, I'm getting a little cabin fever.  I haven't done much organizing but we HAVE painted.  We've painted the foyer, hallway, and trim.  Man the house is starting to feel great!  It appears that the kids might be out of school until Tuesday due to freezing temps and the lack of snow plows to get into neighborhoods, so I'll try to get done what I can and blog what I can.

I will leave you with this amazing bit of news.  If you don't know already, my Auburn Tigers have won the National Championship.  I am still numb and can't find the words to express my feelings.  Enjoy the look back at last night.  WAR EAGLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment