Sunday, January 9, 2011

Playroom Overhaul and Challenge # 9


Light Bob the Minion has something important to say!  His master's playroom has been overhauled!  So here's how it all went down:

This is what we were faced with when starting.  What a mess!  There was NO organization, just throw things in bins that are sitting wherever with whatever in them. 

 The large eyesore of a toy box in the middle full of random toys...toys strewn on the floor and where they were last played with.  An easel that had not been used recently.  Just JUNK.
 I was finally fed up.  I went and purchased these storage bins at Wal-Mart for only $5.95 each!
 Then the madness began.  I started sorting the toys.  I knew he had main groupings of his toys that most all could fit in: Hot Wheels, Transformers/Bionicles, Nerf, Trucks/Big Cars, Art Supplies, and Super Heroes/Plastic Animals/Dinosaurs.
 Everything else went in every available basket, bag, and container I had.  I know this looks like chaos, but I promise it was organized chaos.
 Next step was to actually CLEAN the room.  So all of the playroom chaos was moved to the living room. 
 After cleaning the floors and walls, it was decided that we needed to freshen up the white paint and baseboards.  So off to Lowe's we went to pick up some paint.
 This is mid process...
 And now the big reveal!  Drum roll please.........................................................
Ta ta-ta TAAAAAAAAA


 My trusty label maker came in handy!  Completely organized art drawers!



 We moved the games from his bedroom closet to the playroom so that we will get more playtime out of them.  With them hidden away in the closet, we didn't play them too much.
 I can't get over how NICE it is! 


The eyesore toy box is now in the garage to serve a different purpose.  The colorful bins are now back in my boy's room to hold little things that he uses in his room, and he has actually been using the easel already!

And heaven help my poor child.  The first time I see something out of place I might LOSE my mind!  He can read now, so there is no excuse for him not knowing what bin something belongs in.

Now we are going to sit around and wait for the "Major Winter Storm" that is headed our way.  I might just stay the entire night in the playroom!

12 comments:

  1. Great job! Don't you just want to be IN a room that's organized and tidy? I love the little table in the middle.

    Try to do lots of snuggling during the storm. Hope it blows over quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks fantastic!! What a huge accomplishment!!Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome and I can tell you put a lot of time into it. Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks awesome! love how bright the room is

    haha you sound like me. my poor boys too.. as soon as i see a toy out, its 'are you done playing with that?" or "where does that go?"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. That looks great. You really went all out and I bet you're loving it right now. Well, as long as the toys are all where they aught to be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowwowwow what a transformation! You really took it the extra mile with sprucing up the paint and everything! :) It looks fantastic now! The bins make such a difference. Stay warm and safe with your winter storm and keep up the awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! Overhaul, indeed! Super job. My girls would go nuts for the minion inflatable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your ambition. It is so nice that you were able to touch up the paint and completely clear out the room. It looks so nice!
    www.lesleyslovinglyliftedlife.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you had to do a lot of work to get to the after. Your walls look amazing! Oh sorry, I'm suppose to be admiring the organization; that's awesome too ;)

    I haven't done this challenge yet, so thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete