Monday, January 24, 2011

Cleaning Schedule?! Is That Necessary?

Yes, it is necessary and I am THAT much of a dilly-dallier that I have to make myself a cleaning schedule.  This is not a schedule for everyday cleaning like making beds, picking up toys, washing dishes, etc.  This is for the deep cleaning that I always seem to put off and let pile up until I do not want to touch it with a hazmat suit and industrial strength bleach.  I mean really...I hate to clean and it is my main job (other than taking care of my precious boy).  So, to keep myself accountable with not just me but with my entire family, I have made a cleaning schedule. 

I could never find a wall calendar that I liked, so I went online and found a printable calendar that had just the spaces I needed.  So here is my schedule!  Monday: Laundry and vacuum, Tuesday: Mop (the majority of my house is wood floors so this is a large job and Tuesday is the day I'm at my son's school all day volunteering), Wednesday: Kitchen and dusting, Thursday: Bathrooms and shredding, Friday: Laundry, sheets and vacuum. 
 I spaced the chores out enough where they don't pile up on me and I don't want to do them.  Saturday and Sunday, I plan to do just the light picking up and not do any cleaning as my reward (and maybe a nice sugary snack if I have worked out all during the week).
Now that I have this posted on our garage door, I can be held accountable. And since it is Monday, I can proudly say I have vacuumed all rooms and I am on my last load of laundry.  I CAN beat this dilly-dallying (or at least try...).

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome idea. I use the FILE system (I think that is the name of it;o) but I have 3x5 cards in a recipe box that show me what to do and how often to do it. I have 5 kids (yep 5 I didn't hit the wrong number) so we vacuum daily, and laundry is a daily must, but then I am wiped out, so the cards keep me focused on the next project, from dusting the ceiling fans to polishing the woodwork :o) I am so glad you found the key to keeping you on track :o)

    ReplyDelete