Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Challenge #8 - The Coat Closet

So yes, I've gone out of order, but that is okay!  I can do that (at least that is what I'm telling myself).  So here we go, Challenge #8 - The Coat Closet.

Linking up here! 
So this was a good one for me.  My coat closet was in desperate need of rescue.  Now let me start by saying I did not touch the top of the closet.  That is where some of my Christmas decorations live for 10 1/2 months and I just put them away and they are organized in their correct boxes.  With that said.....


 SEE!? I bet 1/2 of those coats/jackets have not been touched since we moved in.
 And a PAMPERS box?  We've been out of size 4 Pampers for 4 years!!  This closet needed TLC STAT. 
So I took all the coats/jackets/snuggies (hey...don't judge until you've put on a snuggie...they are FANTASTIC) and put them on the couch for the time being.
 Time to tackle the bottom mess.  Wow.  I'm such a slob when it comes to throwing things in a closet.  Out of sight, out of mind I guess.  Don't JUDGE!  Well....okay...you can judge me.  This is awful.
 And LOOKIE at what I found!  My Sports Illustrated Auburn issues from 1993 and 2004 perfect seasons! I can't wait to get out of this house to pick up my 2010 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP issue.  Whoa...let me get back to the task at hand...
 All clean! 
 Sweet son decided this would be the perfect place for his "private time" whatever THAT is for a 5 year old...I think it might be better for MOMMY private time.  Just shut the door, sit on the floor and make the world go away....
Then I started going through the coats.
 Okay seriously?!  Why on earth was this doing in there?  My sorority self would have loved this for an 80's mixer!  Aqua velvet should never be allowed to be manufactured.  And if you have this and you wear it, I will submit you for What Not To Wear.  Sheesh!  The top was even held together with a safety pin.  I am so ashamed.
So I have a huge bag of coats and other things to give to my grandmother for her consignment.  There were about 4 coats we held on to for sentimental reasons and they were put in the very back of the closet.
 Finished product!  I took 75% of the mess and put it all in one box and labeled it Halloween.  Yes, 3/4 of the stuff in the bottom of the closet was my Halloween decorations I just threw in there because it was time for my Christmas decorations.
Ah.  Nice closet!  I even found my air purifier and put it to use again!  The house smells of a nice lemony scent now and I feel like I can breathe without dust clogging my sinuses. 

So today's challenge was the laundry room.  I did NOT and will not have time to get to this today.  I'll do it tomorrow.  And that is okay because I'm the QUEEN of Dilly-Dallying.  "After all, tomorrow is another day!"  (Another snowed in day...day 5 and counting...I'm going MAD here...someone rescue me!)

1 comment: