Saturday, January 15, 2011

Challenge #12 - The Spice Cabinet


So today I have done Challenge #12.  I STILL have not gotten to challenge 10 the Laundry Room...but I will promise I will try to get it tomorrow.  Challenge #12 is the spice cabinet.  Mine was a mess (which should be no surprise).

So my excuse is I have a TINY cabinet!  My cabinet is so very small and I just shove my spices back in there after I use what I need.
 
See....just shoved in.  I didn't even know what all was in there.  So step one...
take EVERYTHING out.  Soy Sauce?!  Where did THAT come from?  I didn't see an expiration date, but I know that it should not have been in there since it says "refrigerate after opening" and the spice cabinet certainly isn't the refrigerator.  When I poured it out, wow...it smelled fermented and could probably get someone drunk off the smell alone.
Yes, 75% of my spices were expired, and some of them I was still using.  I guess it was okay because we were never sick...oops!
So here is my nice cabinet of spices!  I know this will become more cluttered as I replace the needed spices, so I will be thinking of ways to combat this problem.
Ah....I'm beginning to love organization.

1 comment:

  1. I found some really great wire racks at our local walmart that turned sideways, might work to give you more "shelves"

    It looks great and you are right that is the tiniest little cute spice cabinet :o)

    Good work!! And don't sweat the laundry room girl! I am almost 9 pathetic days behind...lol. That darned linen closet beat me up and I am still recovering ;o)

    ReplyDelete