Monday, August 1, 2011

"not me" Monday


"Oh you've got to be pulling on my leg."  Another "not me" Monday is here.  And here we go....


I didn't hide the last bit of lunch meat and say there wasn't enough for sandwiches just so I could go to the grocery store and get more ham sliced the way I like it instead of the thick stuff...not me!


I didn't make my child pick up every last one of his toys/clothes/crumbs off the floor just to prolong the playing of his annoying NASCAR video game...not me!  (but he played it during his allotted video game time...sheesh)


I'm not the one who was taking the sheets off all the beds in the house and when I finally got to our bed...I ended up lying down and snoozing for 30 minutes.  The only reason I woke up is my child was thirsty and he was looking for me to find out what he could have to drink...not me!


I'm also not the one who started washing the sheets with my new scent booster and loved the smell so much I thought about pulling out ALL of the sheets and wash them...until the thought of folding ALL of the sheets stopped me...not me!


I didn't pick up the phone, dial my mother's phone number, shout "Hello....HELLO" in my southern twang into the phone when I didn't hear a dial tone only to hear "Is someone else on the call?"  Yes, it was my husband's conference call with Microsoft...not me!


I did not drive very slow in front of a very scary looking house in my hometown JUST to get a picture of a metal chicken to post on my Facebook page because I think Beyonce, the giant metal chicken is the coolest thing on earth...not me!

Beyonce's long lost sister, LuLu



Speaking of Facebook, I wasn't the one who literally laughed out loud at someone's status that was meant to be serious.  Their complete stupidity and what they wrote made it funny...not me!


I'm not the one who constantly forgets about my husband's status call every day and at that exact time I get the urge to call my mom...not me!


I didn't turn on Despicable Me AGAIN once video game time was over today...not me!


I didn't check my gmail for the first time in 3 weeks to find an email from a blog reader that I have yet to respond to...not me!  (Answer is coming soon Adam...promise!)



No comments:

Post a Comment