Friday, August 26, 2011

3 weeks down

So we are now 3 weeks into the school year and I have several things I wanted to vent about.

The car rider line at our school is CLEARLY marked.  There is no question as to how you are to drive to pick up your child.  HOWEVER there are still some people who keep cutting through the parking spaces to jump in front of others in line.  This happened to me today and I was almost hit.  Is an accident REALLY worth one space in line?  This has been a gripe of mine for 2 years now because every year I seem to almost have a wreck with some mother/father/daycare who is trying to get an advantage in line. I really wish something could be done.

My child has come home today with cold symptoms. Why on earth do people send their children to school sick?  Now he will be miserable at his first football game and there is a chance if he is worse he will miss it.

So this is an elementary school with no preschool.  Everyone is at least 5 years old and up. So why every afternoon are there people putting the seat belt on their child to hold up car rider line?  By this age they should be able to strap in by themselves.  Even if they are still in a 5 point seat, teach your child to do this and not be completely helpless.  If they cannot do it, pull up, out of line and do it instead of holding up the line an extra 5 minutes while you do this.

Parents...read the handbook.  There is a dress code!  I cannot tell you how many times I have seen girls in very short shorts and skirts.  When your child has to wear bloomers under their skirt and it is NOT a cheerleader skirt, it just might be too short.

Okay, I feel better now.  What kind of vents do you have about school?


2 comments:

  1. I agree with all of the above!!! You are completely right. I almost go hit last week because someone cut through the do not enter part. Its crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last year I actually got hit by a lady who cut in line at Chickfila one morning! People are so crazy!

    ReplyDelete