Monday, May 23, 2011

Picture Challenge #30

Day 30 - A picture of someone you miss

I miss her.  
My cousin/best friend/soul sister Rebecca.   
We were 5 months apart in age. 
We lived 100 miles away from each other.
We wrote each other letters weekly, before the age of email and texting.
We spent most holidays together.
We went to the beach together.
We played dress up, made mud pies, and tormented her sister.
We played in the pasture and rode her horse.
We made college plans together when we were high school freshmen.
But God had other plans.
She left us way too soon.
It has been over 19 years since I last saw her face.
Over 19 years since I heard her LOUD laugh.
This picture is the last time I saw her.
Our last Christmas.
Our last sleepover.
Our last hug goodbye.
I know she's waiting on me up there, and I can't wait to see her again.
Until then, I miss her.
Every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment