Monday, May 16, 2011

A Difficult Two Weeks...

Exhausted. 

That is the only word to describe me at this moment.

The past two weeks have been hard.

School is wrapping up for my little buddy so there are a lot of events.  Field Day, end of year parties, yearbook parties, PTA wrap ups, Teacher Appreciations...so I've been busy at the school.

Baseball end of season tournament kicked off.  Also means end of season parties and emotions high from having a very tough season and it ending with our very first win of the season and then being put out of the tournament right away. 

But the hardest of them all, my Poppy went through aortic valve replacement surgery at 84 years old.  The surgery actually went well.  His heart recovered extremely well.  Recovery however, not so good for a while.  Driving downtown to the hospital every day for almost a week and seeing my grandfather who, when I was little seemed so larger than life and indestructible, completely out of it and struggling to figure out where he was or what he was doing really took a toll on me.  He is doing so much better now and back to his old self and should be headed to a rehabilitation center sometime this week!  I am emotionally and physically tired.

I will be picking back up my 31 Days To Clean challenge either today or tomorrow.  I've fell behind on many things that I plan on catching up on this week.

But I'm exhausted. 

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment