Saturday, April 16, 2011

My Quiet Time with God

On a vacation with family and friends, there is not much quiet time to be had.  But there were times God revealed Himself to me and it was hard not to notice.
It all started Monday when my sweet 5 year old boy and I had lunch together.  I asked him to say our blessing at lunch and expected our quick little prayer.  Instead, this is what he said: "Dear God, than you for our food and please be with us and protect us on our vacation.  Amen."
Whoa.  Did my little guy really just ask God to be with us?  It warmed my heart he thought to ask this.  But like most things, it didn't really stick with me too much.
Tuesday morning, everything went right.  We pulled out of town on time with our friends, had a safe journey and made it to Walt Disney World with no incidents and no major traffic.  When I finally hit my pillow, I made a little quiet time to thank Him for delivering us and like my son, asked Him to be with us as we went on our journey and help us have a good time.  Boy did He ever deliver!

We couldn't have planned a better day at the park and our kids had a great time with no fighting or crying!  Everything fell right into place and it was a beautiful day.  They even kept the park open one extra hour (but with three kids who were falling asleep before the parade, we had to get out of there).  The next morning we headed out to Port Canaveral for the cruise.  Weather was perfect and we had a safe and quick trip to the boat.  Once the boat pulled out we started the second part of our vacation and it was so much fun!
Just looking at the ocean flowing beneath us, I was reminded of God's love for us and the beauty he has created for us to enjoy.
As the trip went on, I was reminded on a daily basis that God has a plan for our little family.  Gathered with our friends, I know he has us with these friends for a reason.  Our kids are friends which is always a plus.  It was a quick and whirlwind trip with beautiful sights and beautiful memories.  The last night I finally sat on our veranda filling out our customs paperwork and cruise survey.  As I watched the ocean race by beneath me, I began thanking Him for the beauty He has created for us to enjoy.  It was so quiet, a clear sky, and only ocean as far as I could see.  We had a moment, right then and there, just me and my Savior.  I have SO much to be thankful for and without God's Grace I wouldn't be where I am today.  
So not only did I have a relaxing and fun vacation, I had quiet time with my God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment